5 Nutrient Rich Foods
As March 2015 is officially Nutrition Month, we’ve pulled together 5 nutrient rich foods to help you cook your way to supreme health.
The following have been selected owing to the large amounts of nutrients they contain. How might you include this list of foods in your diet? In no particular order…
1) Kale – the king of greens, Kale contains an array of vitamins and nutrients which are essential to the body’s normal functioning.
Contains: Vitamin A, K, C, B6, Calcium, Copper, Potassium and more. Add to a salad or boil and serve with hot food.
2) Salmon – there may be ‘plenty more fish in the sea’, but none which contain as much Omega 3 as Salmon. Great for lowering cholesterol and general heart health.
Contains: Vitamin A, C, B6, B12, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium and Omega 3. Serve with steamed vegetables.
3) Tomatoes – the forgotten fruit. Tomatoes are a great source of vitamins, bringing strong benefits to many parts of the body.
Contains: Vitamin A, C, K, E, B6, Potassium and Niacin.
4) Chia Seeds – they’re among the most nutritious foods on the planet and are a great snack.
5) Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Drizzle, baste or fry. This perfect accompaniment is not only tasty, but extremely good for you (in moderation).
Contains: Vitamin E, A, monounsaturated fatty acids, antioxidants and more.